I am a fairly typical Aussie bloke… 55 Years old… and overweight (Morbidly Obese apparently). I have pretty much been putting on weight for the last 30 years.
I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes in 2014 and High Blood Pressure a couple of years later…
I have NO Medical background or training (apart from what I can Google), so any information contained in this blog represents my own (probably distorted) understanding/interpretation.
I am writing this Blog for me…not for you… But I hope that we all might learn something along the way.
You are very welcome to follow along if you like, and even comment if you feel the urge… but if you say something inappropriate, or maybe just something I dont like, If I am in a bad mood, I may just delete your comments and block you
(These are my “out of pocket” expenses – costs have been reduced for the Medicare levy and, where relevant Private Health Cover)
Pre-Surgery Consultation & Tests
- Surgeon & Specialist Consultation/s
- Pre-Surgery tests
- Pre-surgery Food
- OptiFast Soup/Shake/Bars – $152
- Mini Gastric Bypass Clinic Fee – $6,700
- Includes the surgery and 4wk, 3mth, 6mth, 12mth and annual follow ups
- Includes Dietitian Post-Op reviews at 2wk, 4wk, 3mth, 6mth and 1 year
- Includes 2 years “Fresh Start” support program
- Anesthetist – $2,200
Post Surgery Costs
- Post Surgery “Food”